I have so far been pretty happy with it. I backed up everything I could think of to a second hard drive, and then did a fresh install off of a USB drive. It didn't take long, and then I spent a couple of hours restoring files and setting up software and stuff, such as...
- installing google chrome and importing bookmarks (I'd exported them prior to the upgrade)
- restoring ~/.purple so that pidgin would work
- installing postfix and configuring it to relay off of gmail, so that logwatch and my cron jobs would land in my gmail inbox (I'd already done this, so I just had to restore a couple of files)
- installing VirtualBox and restoring ~/.virtualbox (and my guest machines booted without much complaint)
- pointing gmusicbrowser at my MP3 collection and skinning it to look like rhythmbox (there are some minor differences I'm still getting used to, but it looks like the playlists I exported from rhythmbox import right into gmusicbrowser, so that's a pleasant surprise)
- setting up an encrypted subdirectory in $HOME