19 August 2007

Dark Side of the Rainbow

Last week Leo Laporte on the This Week in Tech podcast (episode 109) mentioned something called the Dark Side of the Rainbow, which I'd never heard of before. The idea is that if you play Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon while watching The Wizard of Oz, you'll see and hear a degree of synchronicity: moments where the music and the film seem to intersect.

I've got a copy of that CD, and last night I picked up a copy of the movie on DVD to try it out. All in all, pretty lame. Maybe it's more interesting if you're not sober.

Another worthless Internet rumor propagated by people with too much time on their hands (although it seems like I had enough time on my hands to try it myself *shrug*).

But last night I noticed something interesting about Toto: I don't know how that dog managed to keep so calm with all the histrionics going on around him/her while they were filming that movie.

No comments: